Saturday 12 July 2014

Becoming a 29 year old nothing

Today I turned 29.

It was pretty uneventful.  I've had a busy couple of days, so I felt tired and lazy.  Usually I am very excited on my birthday and make lots of plans to see lots of friends, but being the single one in my group of coupled up friends meant that I just didn't feel like it this year.  This sounds like I feel a bit more miserable about this than I actually am.  I had a very lovely lunch with my mum then came home for a nap - talk about old!


We had wine.  Yum :)  This picture is from my instagram #fmsphotoaday challenge - interior.


Last year on my birthday I started a diary.  I saw The Happiness Project on Amazon and chose it as a gift :)  I have kept it up for the last year (we'll ignore the fact that sometimes I spend an hour reading back over text messages and checking facebook and instagram trying to remember what I did last Tuesday) and I am very proud of this achievement.  Sometimes, though, a line isn't enough to write down all my loving thoughts for the day (I have the tendency to be very cheesy).  Also, sometimes I want to have a wee rant about things, and a diary about happiness isn't really the place.  Enter blog.

So, I'm not yet sure what the exact purpose of my blog will be yet.  But expect my general ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment